About when to reply

I am so sorry about what happened…
And I know this might not be enough…
I was actually confused about his question actually and I never had a chance to say “Can you please elaborate your questions more?” or anything like that…
I am trying my best not to misunderstood any topics on the forum and trying my best to make my grammar also good so that people will not misunderstood me…

I’m really sorry about this… and I know this isn’t enough…

@UnknownLolz said:
I am so sorry about what happened…
And I know this might not be enough…
I was actually confused about his question actually and I never had a chance to say “Can you please elaborate your questions more?” or anything like that…
I am trying my best not to misunderstood any topics on the forum and trying my best to make my grammar also good so that people will not misunderstood me…

I’m really sorry about this… and I know this isn’t enough…

I am also, but at least lets try not to make Admin more angry, he said that it won’t help to say sorry, just learn from your mistakes.
At least, that is what I believe and I try to do, and this was a good cahnce for us to remember to ask for more details or even see the old topics before we answer.

@UnknownLolz @ChrisPAR o_O gosh !

You did not have to feel guilty, because I did not talk about you !
if we are honest I also talked about myself

because I know firsthand how great ego boost is

That’s why I wanted to emphasize that we need to be careful and sometimes talk critically with ourself

we also have to think how other users are experiencing “infinityfree” (public perception)
admin is probably glad that we are all here, he’s just trying to protect the quality of the topics or ultimately bussines.

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s wrong to ask for more information. Quite the contrary. Many - if not most - topics created here are only one or two sentences, which doesn’t allow for in-depth problem description and reproduction steps. If you have some idea about what the problem could be, then it can’t hurt to ask some specific questions to figure out what’s going on.

Of course, there is still the risk of misinterpreting the question and giving irrelevant answers. I make those mistakes as well. I see plenty of XY problems being posted here, which are really hard to answer.

And it’s perfectly OK if you ask for followup information, but someone else comes along and figures out what the solution is or does a lucky guess. But generally people don’t care about who answers the question, as long as someone does. So you don’t need to personally apologize for someone else answering the question instead. If the person who asked the question got a good answer, they’re happy.

1 Like

@Admin said:
So you don’t need to personally apologize for someone else answering the question instead.
Not exactly apologized for you answering the question, just for the misunderstood I create.
But anyway, point taken. Sometimes even people never respond back to say if the solution worked.

@ChrisPAR said:

@Admin said:
So you don’t need to personally apologize for someone else answering the question instead.
Not exactly apologized for you answering the question, just for the misunderstood I create.
But anyway, point taken. Sometimes even people never respond back to say if the solution worked.

So what is the added value in your message, if it’s just an apology? How does it help the original poster, or someone else reading the topic? If the question was answered, then all is well. And if a different, incorrect answer was given, then everyone can tell the answer is not correct even without the apology.

And sure, sometimes people don’t respond. But then they either solved it themselves, the solution provided works for them, they just forgot about the topic, they gave up on the forum, or maybe something else entirely. But whatever it is, it’s not likely that writing any more posts are going to help the original poster.

Try to think before posting: “What is the value of this post, and what is the effect going to be?”

1 Like

@Admin said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@Admin said:

So what is the added value in your message, if it’s just an apology? How does it help the original poster, or someone else reading the topic? If the question was answered, then all is well. And if a different, incorrect answer was given, then everyone can tell the answer is not correct even without the apology.

And sure, sometimes people don’t respond. But then they either solved it themselves, the solution provided works for them, they just forgot about the topic, they gave up on the forum, or maybe something else entirely. But whatever it is, it’s not likely that writing any more posts are going to help the original poster.

Try to think before posting: “What is the value of this post, and what is the effect going to be?”
I know it, you have also said that previously. Sometimes I feel I need to apologize, but maybe I needn’t.
Well described, after all here at Support Forums this will not fix anything.

you probably will hate me but trust me I just trying to help you

when someone does not have enough self-confidence and does not feel good with self-image he is seeking a constant confirmation from the outside world

things like: wow you are smart, you are an IT expert, handsome, nice, smart, witty, etc.
because you do not believe all that - in yourself

the last few days, when I came to the forum,
the first question I asked myself was “does he sleep at all?”
3, 7, 12, 16, 20, 22, 00h you are always here on every topics

that is not normal

you’re ruining your health, as well as your concentration and because of that you will making more mistakes

why you not use the knowledge base?
because you want people to think that’s your words/knowledge
(but are actually simply c/p)
you want them to look at you as an expert, a hacker or whatever

let’s say, the owner of IF give you admin status
you would tell that to parents, friends and everyone
they would congratulate you and after 2 days they would forget everything
and then you’ll have to do something else again and again and again

your soul will be lost for a long time

you have to build yourself from inside
Do not seek that from outside world

2 Likes

@OxyDac 1:49AM
What are you talking about?

@OxyDac 1:49AM
What are you talking about?
If it is for not using the KB, I was not searching for articles and I know this is a mistake, but I will try to use it more.

the first question I asked myself was “does he sleep at all?”
3, 7, 12, 16, 20, 22, 00h you are always here on every topics
If you are talking about me, then something is really strange. I go here only when I have free time and not doing something else.
I am participating in many things but I find time to be on the forum too. I am not always here.
The time you see may be 11.00 AM but I only am here for two minutes and leave, then I come back at 12.00 AM, stay for 30 minutes, then I revisit it on 5.00 PM to see if there is any new update and close afterwards…

let’s say, the owner of IF give you admin status
Admin status? :lol: If there was another Admin it would be a security risk for the forum :wink:
There is only one Admin after all, maybe you mean moderator?

you would tell that to parents, friends and everyone
they would congratulate you and after 2 days they would forget everything
and then you’ll have to do something else again and again and again
I am not doing this to get recognition or help, I just want to help.
If I was ever moderator here, I would also try to do my best, after all my parents and friends know what I am capable of and do not need to see Moderator Status or anything to appreciate my work.

things like: wow you are smart, you are an IT expert, handsome, nice, smart, witty, etc.
because you do not believe all that - in yourself
Have I done anything that seems like it? Or maybe apologizing for the confusion means I want to be called an IT expert :astonished:

you probably will hate me
I probably don’t get something right here, but I am not sure if you are talking about me. I don’t hate you; I don’t understand you.

ok, you deny the existence of a problem :neutral:
I’ve been digging a bit over your browser history and I see that you visit this page often

1 Like

@OxyDac said:
I’ve been digging a bit over your browser history and I see that you visit this page often
How to Escape from a Straitjacket: 10 Steps (with Pictures)

Are you serious? Did you really see his browser history?
I mean you just look up on people’s history

What? I have never seen this page before, I just went and saw it because of you posting it here! And also what do you mean by digging over your broswer history?
@UnknownLolz said:

@OxyDac said:

Are you serious? Did you really see his browser history?
Of course not, nobody has access to it.
I mean you just look up on people’s history
He doesn’t know me, how can he know my history?
He probably is just kidding and trolling us :trollface:
Playing around, huh?

@ChrisPAR I’ve always wondered why you did not upgrade Win8.1 OS to 10 in that laptop :smiley:

1 Like

@OxyDac said:
@ChrisPAR I’ve always wondered why you did not upgrade Win8.1 OS to 10 in that laptop :smiley:

Lol, now you think you have got me? You probably saw it in any of my videos.
Let’s perform an antivirus check anyway :smiley:
Also, how did you know it was a laptop? Maybe you are someone I know but cannot figure it out, you :trollface:?
I didn’t upgrade it because Windows 10 created a lot problems in dual-boot, and I like my privacy.
Windows 10 just humiliate it and spy you with your permission. I may change it in a few years.
@Admin sorry for being the offtopic squad.

@OxyDac said:

The article was misleading, I’d prefer the word “how to change your hair color, style and even your gender within second”, if you notice them :lol:

C’mon fellas, I’ve read little bit of this post and already feels that this whole arguments isn’t going anywhere at all.

We’re community, many perceptions or differences could appear. All Admin wanted to state was about to give a better look to our answer of every topic available in this forum. And it’s not only for TS (topic starter), but for us either.

Giving recommendations are okay, but we also have to look for its relevancy with the topic we’re about to reply. Don’t bring up SSL solution when TS talk about mailing problem (unless there are connection between the two of them).

I do made such mistake quite often since my appearance here. That’s why I always ask for correction to anyone who knew better: CMIIW. Almost for every post, if you notice them so I may remember the right answer next time the problem arises.
And it’s always better to get a hold of ourself; to not replying the article we don’t understand at all

Here, have some cookie :cookie:

@Joo_Nath said:

@OxyDac said:

The article was misleading, I’d prefer the word “how to change your hair color, style and even your gender within second”, if you notice them :lol:

C’mon fellas, I’ve read little bit of this post and already feels that this whole arguments isn’t going anywhere at all.

We’re community, many perceptions or differences could appear. All Admin wanted to state was about to give a better look to our answer of every topic available in this forum. And it’s not only for TS (topic starter), but for us either.

Giving recommendations are okay, but we also have to look for its relevancy with the topic we’re about to reply. Don’t bring up SSL solution when TS talk about mailing problem (unless there are connection between the two of them).

I do made such mistake quite often since my appearance here. That’s why I always ask for correction to anyone who knew better: CMIIW. Almost for every post, if you notice them so I may remember the right answer next time the problem arises.

Here, have some cookie :cookie:

Forget it, @OxyDac is just trolling me to death, or it seems like it.
We know, don’t worry, I just want OxyDac to get to the point and that is why I continue answering.
Thanks for the cookie @Joo_Nath, it wasn’t neccesary :relieved:

@ChrisPAR

I see you talked to some woman and impersonate yourself as some prince from Arabia

“i have many camels and jewels for you
come tonight to my oasis
let me show you the moon in my eyes
please pleasee”

2 Likes

@OxyDac said:
@ChrisPAR

I see you talked to some woman and impersonate yourself as some prince from Arabia

“i have many camels and jewels for you
come tonight to my oasis
let me show you the moon in my eyes
please pleasee”

Stop this troll please! What the heck do I even have to do with Arabia?
:sunglasses: :smiley: :lol: :smiley: :lol: :smiley: :lol:
Enough! Admin will give us a permament ban!
Lets just start a new topic called “Guessing” or “OxyDac Theories”!

1 Like

Looks like I’m tempted to be an off topic one.