404 page not found

https://aphysmart.epizy.com

404 Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found! If you entered the URL manually, please double check what you’ve entered. If you clicked a button, please click the back button in your browser.

if i visit the website the homepage will be shown but if i should try to access any other menu like, services, works, about etc. i get redirected to the infinityfree with the above error message.

please help me out.

anything odd in your htaccess? You also seem to be using wordpresss right?

2 Likes

i deleted a htaccess file in the htdocs folder yesterday due to the issue i was having before i requested for help in the forum. i thought it was the file that is causing the issue cuz i saw what i did when i edited the file. i thought if i delete it then the issue will be solved but it didnt.

and yes, i am using wordpress

Well, that’s the problem. That file contains the code needed to run the site, without it, your site does not work.

Did you read the text at the top of the file? It says DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. So, don’t edit the file.

You need to delete your hosting account and create a new one. Please remember to remove your domains from the control panel of your old account before you do so.

4 Likes

How do i delete and create a new hosting account??

Moreover it’s a Free hosting and domain…

If i do as suggested will my website issue be rectified?

In the client area, go to edit account on the old account and delete it, then create a new one from the my accounts screen.

So make sure you remove the domain from the account using the subdomain section of the control panel first.

I cannot say for certain, but there is a good chance, yes.

2 Likes

will i still be able to recover my website data?

Just download a copy of your files and databases before you delete the old account, and just upload them to the new one.

1 Like

Wait, if you can edit and delete those files, can’t they just add a new one?

Otherwise, they should restrict editing at that folder level, that just seems dangerous for reasons like this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.