404 On certain files, Premium Status paid

bespokewsdl.000.pe

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message (404 error when attempting to open index.html, ELSRestOrder.php)

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

1. When and how is the site republished? The two files listed above cannot be located (404) when I call them from the browser. But, my other PHP files and HTML files are available. Why can I access only certain files/pages on my site?

2. I purchased premium service. I paid with credit card and it was charged. It took me to the Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Dedicated Server, VPS Server page. But, my account status on the above page still says “free”. Does going premium upgrade THIS account or does it keep the free site and create an entirely new workspace that I need to add my project to.

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Thanks

Please read

6 Likes

Excellent! That is good info. I will get that rolling.

Can I assume that the 404s are due to a slow DNS caching? I added the files a few days ago. Some were visible pretty quickly, others remain unavailable for days. Is there something I do to flush the cache?

Thanks

No

Yes, please do that

Where? Which account?

4 Likes

Yes.

No, you don’t need to. iFastNet can copy your entire website from your free hosting account to your premium account.

3 Likes

This shows on the site page

But, other newly added files such as index.html and ELSRestOrder.php do not appear in this list and give a 404 when I try to call, open the files:

OK. I upgraded to premium and it automatically moved my content to the “home” folder on iFastNet. That is why my files changed on infinityfree were not seen any longer. Understood.

If I move the domain to iFast.Net I will need to pay for it, correct?

Does my SSL certificate now have a 1 year instead of 3 month expiry? Or I need to move my domain and purchase a regular certificate to iFastNet?

Is it true that the only thing my infinityFree account is for is my free domain name and SSL certificate since the files (php, html, etc.) no longer serve a purpose on this platform?

I am just trying to understand the relationship between components now that I have upgraded and whether I need to maintain both accounts or not.

Thanks

R

It’ll probably still be 3 months but iFastNet can usually handle that automatically for you. You may need a custom domain instead of a subdomain though, due to Let’s Encrypt’s policies.

You are free to do so.

That’s correct. These things no longer serve any purpose.

The free subdomain probably got migrated too so it isn’t linked here, while Free SSL tool here can still be used, but with manual setup.

It is up to you — however, if you decide to use the account here, you might need to add some extra domains / subdomains as the old one all got migrated.

4 Likes

You will need to pay for the premium hosting, but you can keep using your free subdomain for as long as your premium account is active. You don’t need to pay anything extra for your free subdomain.

If you have an additional custom domain name as well, then it’s up to you. You can transfer the domain to iFastNet or keep it with your current domain provider. That’s your call.

iFastNet also provides free Let’s Encrypt certificates with their hosting, which are valid for 3 months, just like the certificates you get from us. The main difference is that Let’s Encrypt is integrated in cPanel, so the renewal and installation of the certificate is done completely automatically, so it’s really set up and forget.

You’re free to purchase your own SSL certificates that are valid for 1 year and use them on iFastNet. But iFastNet doesn’t sell those certificates, and you’ll have to manually request and install a new certificate every year. So I really can’t think of any reason why you would want to do that.

Nothing on our end serves any purpose for your website. You can just delete the free subdomain and deactivate the account. Everything is handled by iFastNet now.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.