403 forbidden

MY WEBSITE URL IS deb.great-site.net.Whenever I am trying to access this URL this message appears:

#403 Forbidden
#Server or website configuration is blocking you from viewing this page

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.BTW I AM A NEWBIE IN WEBSITE HOSTING.
I have also attached the screenshot below.

4 Likes

But, I already have a file as bootstrapcards.html inside the htdocs folder

Yes, http://deb.great-site.net/bootstrapcards.html works fine. You have no index file though; so the server tries to look for one, and failing that, redirects you to 403.

As described in the article I linked above, if you want bootstrapcards.html to be your index file, you can either rename it to index.html, or set a DirectoryIndex rule:

If you just want a directory listing of your files, this is also covered:

4 Likes

You can create a file with the name .htaccess in the directory and add the line DirectoryIndex yourFile.html index.php index.html index.htm, where yourFile.html is the name of the file that should be loaded.

I AM UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS POINT.

No worries.
If you want your boostrapcards.html file to be displayed when someone visits your site, without changing its name to index.html, you can create a .htaccess file in your htdocs folder with this content:

DirectoryIndex bootstrapcards.html index.php index.html index.htm

This tells the server to look for a file called “bootstrapcards.html” first; if it doesn’t find one, it will then look for an “index.php” file, then “index.html” and finally “index.htm”, and failing all those, it will redirect you to the 403 page.

6 Likes

I already have a file named .htaccess in the directory.I don’t know how to access it?

You can edit it just like you would any other file. Just right click it, and select “Open With”, any any basic text editor will do.

3 Likes

It’s working now.But when I am trying to open this URL in another device(such as Mobile) the page isn’t displayed.

I am unable to view my URL deb.great-site.net on my mobile device even after doing all these things.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.