403 Forbidden

Hi guys, my username is epiz_27874758 and my website is tlscourse2021.com

I can access my website normally through the browser, however, there are two things kinda bugging me:

1. When I run a “curl” command on my terminal, I get the following information:
    curl -IL tlscourse2021.com
    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    Server: nginx
    Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 23:57:00 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html
    Content-Length: 146
    Connection: keep-alive
    Vary: Accept-Encoding

Do you know why I am getting a 403 Forbidden?

1. When I try to access the website through my IP (which I’ve found with the dig command) I’m getting the following message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

185.27.134.223 sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Can you please help me look into these two things above? I’m pretty new to this and I have no idea why this is happening (I’ve read some 15-20 topics on 403 Forbidden errors and nothing I could figure out on my own).

Plus, not sure if it helps but I’ve bought my domain through the website domain.com

5 Likes

Hi FlutterHoney,

Thanks for the response. I read what you sent and got my answer for point1:

“Because of this security system, the following things will not work correctly or at all on websites on free hosting. → Access from cURL or other command line clients”

For point 2. I don’t know if I’m wrong but seems the expected response due to the 403 Forbidden and part of the security systems vs bad bots/malicious crawlers.

Thank you very much and have a good day/evening :pray:

2 Likes

you’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

Works for me
(I know my response is a bit late)

BTW: Your website is amazing. Love the design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks ManuTheCoder!

I’m thinking of putting up a food blog and I liked the design too :raised_hands:

Have a good day :ok_hand:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.