403 Error

Please I have uploaded all documents cleared every cache but yet 403 error displaying more than a week now
Please help

Please do not hijack topics.
What is your domain?

Did you read this?

7 Likes

Yes I did

Here is my Domain name: jibrin.wuaze.com
Thank you.

I checked your site, and there is no index file in your htdocs directory.

Please make sure you website has an index file and it’s uploaded to the right location.

4 Likes

Thank you it worked but images and audio are not displaying

Yes, your main page is loading now, but all the images cannot be found.

The issue seems similar though: please make sure that the other files of your website are also uploaded to the right location with the right name, and referenced with the corresponding URL.

File locations and names are important. You cannot just dump them in your account and expect the server to guess which file you may be interested in.

I noticed you uploaded a number of files to the root directory of your account, outside of the htdocs folder. Files uploaded there cannot be used, so you may want to move those to the htdocs folder.

6 Likes

You are great
Thank you.

I uploaded the images, audio and video but not showing on the site but my trebedit is well displaying them.
Please help me see if anything is wrong
Domain name: jibrin.wuaze.com
Thank you

these are some addresses from your local PC - and you can’t use them

src = storage/emulated/0/ ???

Your HTML is invalid and you have duplicate code like

How to Name Files/folders

Do Not Use Any Spaces !

For best results, you should only use the letters a-z, A-Z, the numbers 0-9, hyphens (-), underscores (_) and periods (.). Any other character could get you in trouble, causing the file not to load or the page to load incorrectly.
it is best to use lowercase letters, also Do Not Use Any Spaces

7 Likes

Thank you

If you used spaces then of course it’s a hassle, but those files can still be used with spaces being url encoded into %20.

Like Awesome fileAwesome%20file (At least I remembered that this worked)

Just a nice little addition, I know it’s better just not to use any spaces.

5 Likes

it’s even worse when the directory is in question

Screenshot 2024-02-28 113040

and all this later causes problems in the javascript code (if there is one), etc.
So it is best to use the specified way of naming files and directories.

5 Likes

Thank you

Do you understand everything mentioned above or do you still need help?

In short, one of the ways to arrange all that is:

inside the htdocs folder

create a folder images and upload the desired images inside (you name each image to something so you can recognize it)

create a folder audio and upload .aac files inside (name each according to your wish)

create a folder video and upload .mp4 files inside (name each according to your wish)
Note: it is better to use YouTube because the max file size on the hosting is 10MB, which is too small for videos of higher resolutions and duration.

Then you enter the correct paths in the HTML code from your website

example:

and of course correct many other errors that your HTML code contains

If that’s too much for you

6 Likes

Thank you so much you made my day better.

Is there any required size for audio upload?

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.