20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

I go to GMail, TW, FB or wherever where I get lucky
and request a password reset over the phone
and they show me either the last 3 or a few digits of your phone number

so it’s not hard to figure out

8 Likes

why does it say this here… instead of OK ?

10 Likes

I noticed that too, I figured it was just me though. You will have to ask Admin.

9 Likes

That’s my bad. I changed the nameserver identification logic following the craze around the free.nf nameservers being changed. They should no longer be identified as incorrect/unknown nameservers now.

Unfortunately, I jumbled the conditionals there, so good nameservers are shown as “unknown” and bad nameservers are shown as OK. Fix is on the way now.

In the mean time, kesug.com is now no longer blocked by Quad9, and I’m working on wuaze.com too.

9 Likes

Me who rarely checks my emails :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Which is why the middle 3 are the ‘private’ ones :slight_smile:

Yay! I’m not the only one who screws up Boolean conditions in production

7 Likes

Certainly not, it always happens to me! I believe it doesn’t usually happen to other websites because they have teams of people working on it.

5 Likes

Reminds me of this:

8 Likes

6 Likes

Tbh why this guide was made in first place, especially I’ve never been so annoyed with that one FAQ. WTF.

2 Likes

The article complies with the rules
There are 200+ mentions of those domain on the forum
and I find it useful to have one centralized article

example:
if someone needs a free domains or you who suggest alternatives to others, you can simply give the link
instead of answering 100 sub-questions from users when you mention this option,
e.g. they ask you “how should I do this here”, “what should I enter here” etc.

this is how you relieve yourself and save time
and you just say “please read this article”

7 Likes

I find it to be quite relevant

7 Likes

I also do, especially if someone needs a guide on how to register a domain on EU.org even if they don’t understand the registration process…

6 Likes

My ISP announced that we can use unlimited night-time data forever lol!

6 Likes

Nice! But the only problem is those data are only available over night; during the day there is still a cap on the data you’re using…

5 Likes

Hahaha yh, but my day cap is 250GB. That’s more than enough for me during daytime. I usually download heavy stuff on night. So, it’s a great offer for me.

6 Likes

Anyway, how much do you guys spend on WIFI alone? Mine is around $46 per month.

4 Likes

Hmm, I don’t know the metrics myself, as I don’t pay for it. However, on the bright side, my area qualifies for fiber optic Wi-Fi!

5 Likes

The price for my Wi-Fi is like almost €55 every two months… That on our house anyway, but I don’t know for the other properties my family owns…

6 Likes

oh okay lol

4 Likes