20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

I have been really, unnecessarily busy for the past few months! Hopefully after a few exams in like two weeks I’ll be more active. Also I’ve really stopped using plain php, I really like Laravel now and I think it’s a great framework. I also don’t use Apache anymore so I don’t really remember anything about .htaccess, only Nginx lol. And on top of all of that, I use C# more often than anything now.

10 Likes

In the meanwhile I only know how to use Apache. Only recently did I acquire the knowledge of how to deal with Apache VirtualHosts as well as a2ensite / a2dissite.

I was planning to learn that, but not before my vanilla PHP is good enough lol :smiley:

I was now in the top10 let’s gooo :partying_face:

7 Likes

@Greenreader9 I found this blog post on How to Get a Free Domain ~ WebCrafting.

Why are you sharing this with me?

It’s also wrong. Free domain registrars still exist (Like eu.org), and so do free subdomains.

6 Likes

They got it wrong.
UPDATE: They updated it to add free subdomains!

@anon4752382

this is not true at that address either

8 Likes

I just can’t anymore… I love the flight sim community

:rofl:

Splashing terrorists in my Hornet while showing off my taste :laughing:

5 Likes

real chads don’t use whois privacy.

7 Likes

is error 520 correct, shouldn’t it be error 403 ?

5 Likes

That also happens to files like xmlrpc.php or .env; anyway their nginx instance always returns 444 (so the server closes the connection without response) when a file blocked for privacy or security reasons is accessed through a browser, so Cloudflare will return a 520 instead of an empty response error from the browser.

6 Likes

ah ! thanks

5 Likes

I thought I would try durable’s ai powered website creator

me: i want a website that looks terrible and is very hard to navigate. our customers want to have fun trying to figure out how to find something on our site. its like a game

ai: I’m here to support your business needs, but Durable aims to offer services that enhance user experience and business success online. If you have other requirements or need help with any other aspect of your website or online services, feel free to share, and I’d be glad to assist.

:frowning:

6 Likes

:exploding_head:

But I have 3 domains already :sob:

7 Likes

You can do it like this on CF
so that it leads to one of your custom 404 error pages (intentionally it is not 403 because then it tells others that the files exists - learn to lie sometimes)

and then, of course, clear the cache everywhere before testing

Seneca seneca

Lao Tzu lao tzu

Pythagoras pythagoras

Confuciusconfucius

Rumi rumi

7 Likes

good idea, thanks Oxy

5 Likes

I ordered one of these as I needed a breadboard and some jumper wires for some raspberry pi experiments and I thought this all in one package will do

what I ordered

what I received :stuck_out_tongue:

a chinese knock-off of a chinese product ! and look at that brand name in the top left its like someone just bashed some random keys on the keyboard, and electronics is spelled incorrectly :stuck_out_tongue:

it does seem to contain the same parts and amazingly it actually works !

7 Likes

when I saw this it reminded me of the time I used to play with backtrack (now called kali) linux :rofl:

5 Likes

The same is the case with me

I decided on BT a long time ago because at that time it was the only Linux that had drivers for my wifi card on my laptop and it was like that for years
so even now I use Kali out of habit.

and these spaces between letters
F**** IT :smile:

6 Likes

This admin’s answer is totally Portal 2 style
it immediately reminded me of that game :hugs: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

watching this again after so long, so stupid and funny :rofl:

4 Likes