20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

They would get tired very often
Also how I have a full SSL

Without an actual certificate

:thinking:

6 Likes

Dopamine recently got an update so on-device jailbreaking is now available for all the iOS 15-16.

But for me after jailbreaking the VPN broke. Moreover the TrollStore broke. Still struggling to pick whether to have jailbreak or VPN & TrollStore :melting_face:

6 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since I didnā€™t post in this forumā€¦ I only had time to read each post (and topic) and put likes to whoever was helpful in these days!

I have iOS 17.3 thoughā€¦ So for me itā€™s better to wait until iOS 17.4 as there will be more customisation possibilities for us Europeans!

7 Likes

According to official Apple docs, this feature is called as something like ā€œmanaged app distibutionā€, so a third party app store could get reviewed by Apple and then start distribute apps on it.

Itā€™s not like complete sideload and customization, but h*ll yeah, this feature would be cool!

Thereā€™s someone quite popular who express ā€œworriesā€ on sideloading except Apple. Guess who he is if you can :wink:

(Maybe I should say who I was thinking about)

6 Likes

Screenshot 2024-02-28 201350

Screenshot 2024-02-28 205648

8 Likes

Mr. White :exploding_head:

Itā€™s the Leap day!

Itā€™s androidā€™s user data partition. But why 2 symlinks instead of 1 :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Just accidently did something I didnā€™t like ā€” I make a duplicate issue in the Dopamine repo :melting_face:

Sometimes itā€™s really hard for you to know thereā€™re already same issues mentioned by othersā€¦ Usually because you failed to check

6 Likes

Joe Biden

Does your smartphone have two users?

6 Likes

No, only me

6 Likes

Happy Leap Day

:partying_face:

7 Likes

who thought this was a good idea :rofl:

5 Likes

I asked chatgpt to create an svg of mona lisa as accurately as possible but this was the result :stuck_out_tongue:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 800 1200" font-family="Arial">
  <!-- Background -->
  <rect x="0" y="0" width="100%" height="100%" fill="#FDDFBA" />

<!-- Hair -->
  <rect x="20%" y="10%" width="60%" height="30%" fill="#3C291B" />

<!-- Face -->
  <ellipse cx="50%" cy="50%" rx="45%" ry="60%" fill="#FFD6A0" />

<!-- Eyes -->
  <circle cx="40%" cy="40%" r="7%" fill="#000" />
  <circle cx="60%" cy="40%" r="7%" fill="#000" />

<!-- Nose -->
  <rect x="48%" y="45%" width="4%" height="8%" fill="#B87333" />

<!-- Mouth -->
  <ellipse cx="50%" cy="55%" rx="8%" ry="4%" fill="#B87333" />

<!-- Garment -->
  <rect x="20%" y="40%" width="60%" height="60%" fill="#6B4226" />

<!-- Hands -->
  <ellipse cx="35%" cy="60%" rx="7%" ry="4%" fill="#FFD6A0" />
  <ellipse cx="65%" cy="60%" rx="7%" ry="4%" fill="#FFD6A0" />

<!-- Text -->
  <text x="10%" y="5%" font-size="20" fill="#000">Mona Lisa</text>
</svg>

7 Likes

Maybe someone is watching what youā€™re doing on the phone :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Good news, I no longer need to worry about this, by downgrading jailbreak to 2.0.5 everything works :partying_face:

Just realized that Iā€™m randomly installing stuffs that clearly didnā€™t list iOS 16.6 in their supported versions

Luckily my device didnā€™t doomed into a bootloop

6 Likes

To those who have missed the previous 30 years, here is a short list of the results of negotiations with russia that it never respected:

1. The Budapest Memorandum of 1994. russia agreed to ā€œrespect independence, sovereignty, and the existing borders of Ukraineā€ as well as ā€œrefrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraineā€. Breached by russia invading Crimea in 2014.

2. The russian-Ukrainian Friendship Treaty of 1997. russia agreed to respect Ukraineā€™s territorial integrity and ā€œreaffirmed the inviolability of the bordersā€ between the two countries. russia breached it in 2014.

3. The OSCE Istanbul Summit in 1999. russia committed to withdrawing its troops from Moldovaā€™s Transdniestrian region and Georgia until the end of 2002. That never happened.

4. The 2008 Georgia ceasefire agreement following russian aggression against the country. russia agreed that ā€œrussian military forces must withdraw to the lines prior to the start of hostilitiesā€. That never happened.

5. The Ilovaysk ā€œGreen Corridorā€ in August 2014 and other ā€œhumanitarianā€ death corridors. russia pledged to let Ukrainian forces leave the encircled town of Ilovaysk in the east of Ukraine, but instead opened fire and killed 366 Ukrainian troops. In the following years, russia attacked numerous humanitarian corridors in Syria.

6. The ā€œMinskā€ agreements of 2014 and 2015. russia agreed to cease the fire in the east of Ukraine. There had been 200 rounds of talks and 20 attempts to enforce a ceasefire, all of which the russian side promptly violated. On February 24th, 2022, russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

7. The 2022 Black Sea Grain Initiative. russia pledged to ā€œprovide maximum assurances regarding a safe and secure environment for all vessels engaged in this initiative." It then hindered the initiativeā€™s operation for months before withdrawing unilaterally a year later.

NB: I am only focused on deals made with russia to address specific issues and conflicts. I am not mentioning almost 400 international treaties that russia has breached since 2014.

There are no conclusions to be drawn here, except that no one can seriously use the words ā€œrussiaā€ and ā€œnegotiationsā€ in the same phrase.

Putin is a habitual liar who promised international leaders that he would not attack Ukraine days before his invasion in February 2022.

russiaā€™s tactic has remained consistent in its many wars over the last three decades: kill, grab, lie, and deny.

Why would anyone genuinely believe that russia in 2023 is any different from russia in 1994, 1997, 1999, 2008, 2014, 2015, and 2022?

8 Likes

I finally decided to have a go at removing some bloatware from my android phone so I installed the adb thing in linux, put my phone into debug mode and im using adb shell to uninstall stuff

shell@jflte:/ $ pm list packages | grep 'trip'
package:com.tripadvisor.tripadvisor
package:com.samsung.android.tripwidget
shell@jflte:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.tripadvisor.tripadvisor           
Success

well thats one down , few more to go
I wonder how much brain surgery I can do to this phone before I brick it

BTW this is a regular phone, its not been rooted but this method is allowing me to uninstall the packages that the phone doesnt usually allow to be uninstalled

heres a link on how to install adb if you need it

5 Likes

it wonā€™t become a brick because you can install it again via command,
but in my experience, start from social networks, chrome browser and similar things.
Sometimes they deliberately put it in the firmware to check if you have an app like compass and then some other system apps will not start if it is missing

Be sure to write down every app youā€™ve removed
do not touch the camera app at all

in the last case, you can always reset the phone and it will start from the factory settings and have all the apps in it

8 Likes

im lucky that I have a samsung s4 which doesnt come with social network apps :+1:

6 Likes

when you list the packages then you can often find these

com.facebook.services
com.facebook.system
com.facebook.appmanager

and similar various ā€œhelperā€ packages that are pre-installed and are actually waiting in case you want to have a ā€œreal applicationā€.

com.google.android.apps.youtube.music - this is YouTube music (which I donā€™t use but was present).

For those who are on win11/10 like me
simply hold SHIFT + right click on an empty space inside the ADB folder ā†’ open terminal/PowerShell here

and execute these commands

.\adb devices
.\adb shell

(and then, as desired, system and other)

pm list packages -s   
pm list packages -f
pm list packages -d

in short, in order to call ADB from powershell, you must have a dot and so on .\adb

6 Likes

You guys can at least recover your phone if something goes wrong while playing with the system.

If you doomed your iPhone, then while you surely can just put it into recovery / DFU and reinstall the system, youā€™re bound to say goodbye to all your jailbreaks, as the device need to be upgraded if you restore like this, and it is unlikely that Appleā€™s latest system doesnā€™t have the exploit fixed.

Taurine gets upgraded six months ago so now all my devices is eligble to perform on-device jailbreaks, and since some of them supports perma-signing I now have a really big playground to just perform really weird stuffs on iPhone without needing to worry to reach my computer every now and then.

Even if thereā€™s almost no practical reason for people to jailbreak anymore, this is fun.

Alright I think this should be the end of my jailbreaking sh*ts in this topic

8 Likes