20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Yes, iFastNet told me earlier today they have an endpoint for it now. I’m not quite sure how to best use it, but I’ll make sure to add it to my API client too.

What do you mean by this?

Are you referring to the HTML tags appearing in the CNAME record? I already fixed that a couple of days ago, and the issue only appeared because my original code was built against a previous version of the control panel page which had a slightly different page markup where the previous extraction logic didn’t have this issue.

I guess you could say something about my code not being resilient enough, but all I need to change was a single line of code to adjust it.

6 Likes

Yup, didn’t know the forum would actually render that ;D

5 Likes

but I have already used it to stand and act as a clock in the room .
I don’t know what else I would need it for…

I’m kidding - I used the old tablet and installed an app (search for = big clock digital) and now I have a nice clock, alarm and if necessary, a weather forecast.

7 Likes

Hell yeah, pink + black combo superiority.

7 Likes

It’s really great in the dark (of course you can dim the display to make it softer)

That tablet was mainly used for the cat to watch videos :smiling_face_with_tear:
because it is terribly slow, has little space and RAM, slow wifi card…etc.

I hope it won’t go crazy or burn out because it’s always on the adapter
because the display is constantly lit (I set it not to sleep after inactivity)

Maybe I will have to set the tablet turn on and off automatically (reboot @ spec. time)
because with previous Android phones that I also modified and made ipwebcams, twice it happened to me that the battery swelled because some app got stuck and the system froze, which then no longer controls how much it charges the battery and overcharges it…
That’s why restarting every day or twice a day is my solution if something goes wrong

7 Likes

You don’t need to be concerned with that, it has been mentioned multiple times that Admin has mention notifications set to off, so they don’t do anything.

9 Likes

Oh! Sorry about that.

Also, for some reason, the text in this forum keeps jumping up and down. Does this happen to anyone else?

7 Likes

It happens to me a lot on mobile when I’m not on my local home network (with as server blocking at DNS level). Not as much in desktop.

8 Likes

Maybe the ads want to squeeze in somewhere
so some sections are “slightly moved” by “repainting”…

I didn’t notice the text wobbling
which OS is that?

is it only on this forum or?
does it stop when you have dev tools open?
does it also happen if you stand on one leg and look at the ceiling?

6 Likes

Windows 10.

Yes, and it isn’t the first time that happens.

I didn’t try that.

:joy: I should have tried that!

Your message is cursed Oxy, that’s why it’s wobbling!

6 Likes

Great news!!

7 Likes

Elementor 512MB

XP 128MB
Screenshot 2023-12-13 111509

WP
Screenshot 2023-12-13 112447
Screenshot 2023-12-13 112133

XP

Screenshot 2023-12-13 112642
Screenshot 2023-12-13 111105

OK - today’s age is different because the graphics and requirements are higher, but,
developers are spoiled and know that it is more profitable for them if the user buys more RAM than spending thousands of hours optimizing their code.

9 Likes

How can they manage all of that code without going insane??

8 Likes

Modular approach
Each team develops one module (eg explorer.exe)
and then later everything is put together

And it is also safer for the company because only a few people have insight into the entire code, so there is no espionage and the programmers often do not know what are they writing code for anyway.

Example:
you get the task to make some class that does X and Y
your colleague some other task
so you don’t know exactly what the final product will be used for - maybe only roughly.

The team leader then collects all those codes
and gives it to another team above who tests it.

If everything is correct then they forward it to someone above them…etc.

In the end, only a couple of people at the top know at all what they are making the application for and what its purpose is.

9 Likes

A website/application with a semi simple purpose requiring gaming PC specs is wild.

7 Likes

That’s interesting, I never knew it was like that. I thought different teams worked on different parts of the code and tested it as well and knew what they were writing it for.

6 Likes

Machines mainly test code (a program for these purposes)
and supervised by a person…
Mostly these are people who have less knowledge and are not good programmers or are just learning (newbies go to these positions), and then when the program says:
“this doesn’t work”, they just send it back for editing.

6 Likes

It goes to the trash can, give me the full error message.

5 Likes

Why can’t I use your website @Oxy :pensive:?

7 Likes

I try to block the VPN whenever I get the chance
because too many of them come via VPN and run some Vulnerability Scanning Tools

8 Likes