20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

Thank you so much!

I totally agree, especially with the last point. It’s better to be nice than to fight fire with fire, especially with who knows less and with who tends to vary their character by too much when someone tries to help the other.

I also agree with that! I sometimes make some mistakes, but I promptly correct them when I finally get the prompted things the user missed. I can also find out errors in their side and correct them.

It’s OK; I also tend to not have any errors while working on my blog, which also uses WordPress, and tend to solve them myself if I ever happen to have one.

7 Likes

:smiling_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (Gotta wait 2 hours to like again)

6 Likes

And well, what was meant to be my main topic on this topic (so the daily like limit) is now yours; don’t worry, in some days and after you read some more you’ll get the trust level that will allow you to like more a day!

6 Likes

Hi @YT_Xaos ,

That is because the part that comes before <?php and those between ?> and other HTML tags are effectively spaces in HTML, which is treated as plaintext. PHP output plaintext as is, that’s why.

One way of solving this is to group all PHP code at the top of the file as a big PHP block (that is - if your code is contained in a single file and without any MVC frameworks), then output anything else as per needed below to reduce the chances of needing multiple indentations across 2 languages.

Usually, this cannot be completely avoided but you can get desirable results if you can compromise the IDE side of indentation.

Alternatively, you can also take a look at PHP tidy functions.
https://www.php.net/manual/en/book.tidy.php

Either way, this has no impact on user experience as the browser would just render the page the same way.

Cheers!

8 Likes

Thank you! You are amazing too.

Agreed.

Same here, I have zero knowledge of WordPress.

Yes, I know. My question was purely because I like to keep things nice and organized, so when that happens I just get annoyed. Thank you for your help, though!

7 Likes

Somehow describes the vehicle industry/models here.

8 Likes

I have another question. If that’s the case then, how come this:

Turns into this:

4 Likes

What happens if you leave an extra breakline after ?>?

7 Likes

That fixes the problem. Though, I’m not a fan of it.

6 Likes

Hi YT_Xaos,

This is quite interesting, PHP is smart enough to know that when it’s ending tag is also the end of the line, it removes the following EOL for you. You can try adding a space after ?> so it keeps the line break if you like.

Cheers!

8 Likes

That also works and is a better approach. Thanks!

8 Likes

You’re most welcomed :+1:

7 Likes

I want it :sob:
25 unread, nice
Also, all green on pagespeed! :relieved:

6 Likes

I think CodeWhisperer is going crazy.

Great!

7 Likes

This will be fun

Yep - That is all I am going to post :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice

This means CloudFlare registered domains can be used on free hosting as well

7 Likes

Sadly for adding domain to existing account only. Not when creating new account or as a parked domain :frowning:

5 Likes

At least we can see improvement

7 Likes

Since there is no announcement on the Byet forums about it yet, I have hope this will be improved. As mentioned on the article, it seems like the current version is an early access release, so the limitations should hopefully be overcome in the “final edition”:

8 Likes

Guess I’m screwed

5 Likes