10000 forum users celebration - special event

I am #1! Yo soy numbero uno!

In other news, someone from the UK sent over 100 requests to my website searching for bitcoin wallet files. Back to cloudflare we go to block all of that.

Hm. And the Baidu spider is in on it to (http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.html)

4 Likes

Baidu is attacking your website?

Huh. Isn’t it an internet services site?

Goes to show you can never trust China :frowning:

1 Like

Yep & yep

I think? I have heard of them before, but don’t really know what they do.

I am going to start creating some scripts to organise this stuff, cannot wait to see what other surprises I find.

2 Likes

Sadly I haven’t tried to track traffic before, and I feel stupid for not knowing how to :frowning:

Then again, even though I have a computer, right now I am mainly focusing on Javascript (I code on the bus-ride to school. I rarely do any coding after that, as even though sometimes it is more fun than video games, I feel for some reason that video games are more important).

1 Like

On what? I have tried that before with my laptop, it is way to hard to type and concentrate on a bus full of screaming people with a driver who loves to hit every single pothole in the road (Not really, but that’s what it feels like).

If those are your priorities, that’s ok! You and me are still at the age where we can kind of choose what we want to do in our free time.

1 Like

I am a ******* idiot. I already am fetching the real IP and storing it in the database, but I am only displaying the CF IP on my website view. Sigh

3 Likes

We don’t just grow up one day and know how to work without frolicking. We learn through events and time. I want to culminate those skills, because I feel that I am particularly lazy (unfortunately).

It’s a van, actually. But yes, it can be hard to type. However, I have been able to do it an do it fairly well.

2 Likes

Quantum entanglement being performed at the local theatre.

Jesus walks into a Wendy’s
Jesus walks into a Wendy's
Jesus walks into a Burger King

Muhammad Ali suddenly isn’t the greatest of all time anymore

Courtesy of Neuralblender.com.

I am amazed by how machine learning can do this! Even humans have a hard time doing funny random things similar to what the machine did. I really want to get into machine learning, but it is difficult and quite complex :sob:

2 Likes

Upload complete :joy: :rofl: :joy:

How to crash a chromebook (Ways #4,231 - #4,234)

4231 - Attempt to edit a 6 track video (4 video, 2 audio) using web software
4232 - Attempt to on-premise render a 6 track video using web software
4233 - Attempt to re-open a crashed browser window that includes a 6 track video creator in one of its tabs
4234 - Attempt to reload a tab that contains a 6 track video edit window

2 Likes

Sorry to be the party pooper, but it’s spelled numero.

5 Likes

Thanks!

My profile

3 Likes

Dion Timmer never disappoints!

1 Like

4 Likes

I played around with the Cloudflare speed test a bit - https://speed.cloudflare.com/

and submitted it to several websites that can receive that URL (e.g. screenshots from websites online)
and gained insight into their connection speed - lol

capturefullpage(dot)com is the fastest so far

others have mostly 400 like webpagetest(dot)org
if selected (in advanced settings) that there are no restrictions

1 Like

The first thing I do on any linux distro
is that I am annoyed by the white noise it sends to the speakers because it has a default option to suspend the sound card if there is no use
and when it goes out, my speakers start making noise :rage:

so then open as admin /etc/pulse/default.pa file

and I put this line under comment - to be like this
# load-module module-suspend-on-idle

save and restart !

The next thing I do is make aliases (because it’s so much easier for me to remember my command names than they normally are)
but so that the system remembers them permanently otherwise it remembers them only until the next restart

sudo mousepad .zshrc (mousepad = txt editor) (zshrc = kali terminal)
.bashrc (is on ubuntu)

and paste your aliases there
you will see code where some aliases are already listed there and put yours below

But all in all you have to be very careful with dual boot
especially when you want to remove some OS from it
and for example just leave Win.

You need to prepare first and know if these disks are on GPT or MBR
UEFI or legacy boot - Linux often adds both to a common boot partition

so you have both EFI and a grub boot loader
and it takes 101 ways to try or use various tools to adequately remove it from the boot option once you no longer want a dual boot.

Win11 tends to overrun and impose its boot loader on EFI
but that suits me well because I don’t waste time choosing each time which OS I want to run, but if I want to start some other OS then I press F11 to get the menu, otherwise, it just goes directly to Win.

initially, you see the linux boot loader (after install some lin) and options to select the desired OS
but once you get into the win and turn them off,
next time you no longer see the one from linux loader but win UEFI which immediately jumps to win.

In the end you feel like you’re drunk and you don’t know if it’s your fault or if some configuration has gone crazy…each restart you see something different
hahahaa :joy:

but when you spend 20 hours like that and reading loads of stuff online
then everything will be clearer to you and become normal
and you will manage to make everything work fine.

4 Likes

Wait…why is there a topic with my username?

1 Like

ask OP

2 Likes

the topic is closed, I asked him/her in a PM.

Because someone created a topic with your username and the work “lying”…

And something has changed here, what do you notice?
You have to click the correct part of the word, otherwise you get a surprise you might not like!Hint: Use a mouse and check the links before clicking :slight_smile:

Edit: Well now it’s too easy. Dumb discourse and its link-click bubbles (Although I guess you still don’t know which one is correct).

2 Likes