10000 forum users celebration - special event

[email protected] is NOT a backup email.

2 Likes

Fun fact: the shid emoji :poop: actually started out as ice cream emoji

3 Likes

What you said makes sense :slightly_smiling_face:

a :poop:

Probably someone needed space for eyes and mouth
so he raised everything to a “higher twisted level” instead of the real state,
because otherwise it would look like a worm and would not have that strong message.

Guided by your words… means…from birth we are essentially this ?

Screenshot 2022-11-24 231022

6 Likes

So it stores the info of your backup tablet? Good to know, but I imagine it’s not so good for you that we know it… unless you just don’t care, lol

1 Like

I cannot wait to get this.

Of course, Ima blow ~20 bucks just to say “I’m too scared,” but it will definitely be worth it if I can play. Plus, you can take them down apparently, so heck yeah, I can fight back. Definitely cuts down on the anxiety.

Watch the trailer. It’s insane!

And uh… speaking of apocalyptic scenes.

I love DeadSounds’ ones.

I don’t know about you guys, but he’s awesome with his stuff, especially AutoDale.

He posted a new one today, and it’s really awesome.

3 Likes

Another idea for you:

3 Likes

Trying to build Zynaddsubfx from scratch (so I can use the vst plugin to automate knobs because lmms doesn’t allow knob automation for zynaddsubfx unless it’s as an external vst).

https://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.io/Doc/#:~:text=General%20Midi%20specification-,10.%20Appendix%20B%3A%20Building%20ZynAddSubFX,-10.1.%20Introduction%20to

Currently pulling my hair out on this one.

How would I build it from source?

The same goes for Zyn Fusion:

I have no idea how to do this lol. Installed cmake, I already have mnsys and git on my windows computer. It’s hard as heck. Cmake just keeps failing and IDK what to do from there.

1 Like

Sorry, can’t help you there!

6 Likes

This is why prebuilt binaries exist lol

but all i can say is probably you’ll want to try it on a linux machine
(your package supports building Win binaries on Linux)
make sure you have all of your libraries installed
(if you’re using debian based, I suggest installing the build-essential package)
make sure you have g++, gcc, etc. installed (depending on the language of the package)
it looks like you’re also gonna need Ruby *(i HATE ruby)
and docker, maybe also mingw or docker
make sure you’re using the correct flags for Cmake
I’m sure you get the gist by now…

5 Likes

Yeah, that cost $45.

Plus, it’s good practice to know how to build them.

IDK about the correct flags for cmake, it just said to build using the cmake command without any flags (looking at zynaddsubfx not fusion just yet, as I think that’s just the interface).

Why do I need ruby? Does it run in it?

As for building on Linux, I’d rather not as I would have to dual boot and I’ve been advised not to as it screws things up.

4 Likes

Yikes, considering that the source is open. Theoretically, anyone could compile the binaries and distribute them free of charge. Their repo doesn’t have a license file, but it does have a copying file using the DWTFYWPL (Do Whatever The F*** You Want Public License), which does not disallow distributing prebuilt binaries for free instead of a profit :slight_smile:

I saw some .rb files, but they might just be tests (it seems like people like writing tests in Ruby). It looks like that the compiler for your project actually does depend on Zest (written in Ruby), though, so you will need Ruby.

You don’t have to dual-boot then! As long as your PC has decent specs, which I assume it does, (meaning 12+G ram, 512GiB+ storage) then you can just run this in WSL2 and the process will be similar if not the same to building on regular Linux.

6 Likes

I’m using this for LMMS, which I have installed for windows. So, I’d rather compile this for windows. As for the prebuilt binaries, yes, I know that. However, I can’t really find any (with a quick search anyways).

I don’t think the actual zynaddsubfx uses ruby, but the fusion (I think it’s a GUI style) might. I can see that that’s written in Ruby.

3 Likes

You’re using Linux MultiMedia Studio in Windows?! HERESY!

Obviously joking, I know they changed it so that LMMS is not an acronym anymore.

The official instructions in their GitHub mention that you have to use Linux or play with MSYS2, so… using WSL2 Linux would just make your life easier, in my opinion. Oh well.
I assume you’ve followed this, so what errors do you get?

remember choosing Mingw-w64 64 bit in MinTTY

3 Likes

Ok, you’re talking about zyn fusion. I’m not there yet. I have msys installed already, but the errors I get have to do with installing zynaddsubfx.

1 Like

The Zyn-Fusion build contains zynaddsubfx, though. Or at least it fetches it via the Makefile.

Makefiles will automatically download ZynAddSubFX and Zest, as well as their dependencies. Then, automatically build them altogether.

3 Likes

oh ok. IG I’ll just try installing that instead. I assumed it was just an addon.

I’ll do it after I get back from work, I’m going to start at 1.

2 Likes

Soooo… uh… this is interesting.

Making zyn fusion just causes conflict with an already existing file.

My user profile is my whole name. The stuff in blue is the whole name (the folder). The stuff in the red is the file already made (with my first name).

Now, for some reason, it looks like this stuff belongs to Visual C++ (vcRuntimeMinimum files are in the users directory, and it looks like the file with my name is in cohorts with that, too).

What do I do? Replace the file? Will that mess something up?

Why does it even make this in the first place? It already reinstalled msys and clang when I installed the dependencies using this command:

The heck is going on?

1 Like

Is there a way to change the output directory?

If not, then I would move the existing files into some temporary folder (on your desktop for example)
and then let Make either create the files (b/c you moved them) or overwrite them (b/c you copied them)

Other than that, I’m not sure as I’m not familiar with the library and I’d have to study and experiment with it for hours to give you any more useful answer.

Also, here’s a really interesting article about how UUIDv4 is “completely-unique” but not…
There’s a lot of math!
https://towardsdatascience.com/are-uuids-really-unique-57eb80fc2a87

7 Likes

That’s what I thought I should do, but at this point is it trying to rewrite my whole directory? lol (Ok, well it’s likely not. But I don’t know what it’s doing so it’s scary behavior which I don’t quite like)

1 Like

or simply select a new pattern (which is not used)
press the REC button>rec all>and everything you touch in the DAW will be recorded in that pattern - literally everything

3 Likes